ummmm put down whatever you are doing and make these immediately!!!!
these are to die for!!!! and i have to say i am super proud of myself for coming up with this recipe alteration and having it turn out!!!
Basically I just tweaked the peanut butter blossom recipe (i made 3 dozen of those as well and they are also totally nommy)…
Since Nutella seems to be the flavor of the season… I’m sure Heather will agree…. I was just chomping at the bit to put a spin on the same old yet delish peanut butter blossoms….
I couldn’t find any official recipes but since Nutella and peanut butter are practically the same thing I figured I could just sub in the Nutella and adjust as needed from there…
I did end up needing an extra 1/3 cup of flour and probably could have used even more as the dough was still pretty sticky but let me tell you they turn out AWESOME….
and yes those are my great grandmothers baking sheets and they did a fantastic job on these cookies….
so like i said put down what youve got in your hands and make these… its worth “shucking” 4 dozen kisses for…
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup shortening (or butter)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups flour (use judgement if more needed)
- approximately 40-48 Hershey Kisses
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- cream together Nutella and shortening
- add in brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth
- mix in egg, milk and vanilla
- in separate bowl mix salt, baking soda, and flour- slowly add to wet mixture
- roll dough into 1 inch balls and coat balls in extra granulated sugar
- bake for 5 minutes
- remove and press in Hershey Kisses (sing a Christmas song while you do)
- put back in oven and bake for additional 2 minutes
Try not to eat them all within an hour…. it will be hard but try!!!