For Thanksgiving that is…. what were you thinking of you little gutter minded person! :0! <-that’s a shocked face… hehe well I def got myself in the mood for the big feast day last week when I whipped up my new obsession – Pinapple Stuffing.
Last Thanksgiving my mom and I weren’t getting along well and I had just had major knee surgery so I wasn’t allowed to drive to spend it with my dad’s family who live two hours away. Steve and I had JUST started dating the week before and wouldn’t you know when I told him I was just going to go to a friends for the day he insisted that I come over in the evening and have Thanksgiving dinner with his family…
I remember three things about that first meeting with the H’s.
- The first thing his dad said was in response to Steve’s question “where’s mom?” to which his dad said “In the kitchen where she belongs”… It was a joke, he was cracking up when he said it and I knew that I would fit in well since they were not afraid of what I would think obviously…
- Breaking the news to his 80 year old grandmother that we had met online… she took the news well saying well isn’t that technology just fabulous…
- THE PINEAPPLE STUFFING
I don’t really do pineapple… I have to be in the mood… and in regards to stuffing I want the mushy stuff that comes from the deepest part of that perty looking turkey…
But I tried this other stuffing and was in love… I took all of the leftovers home and finally a year later have gotten the recipe and made it and wouldn’t you know… success on the first attempt!!!
add pineapple to the butter sugar and egg mixture… cube your bread and mix in coating all bread peices… Pour into baking dish…
pop this baby into the over and let the heat do the rest of the work…
Dish should be slightly browned on top and resemble traditional stuffing
Its like dessert and a side dish all in one… can’t beat it… and its a sneaky way to get in some fruit if you’re not a very big fruit fan like me… my fruits are normally a banana a day and some apple sauce… this tricks even me and I made it!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1, 20 oz can crushed pineapple (well drained)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 13 slices bread (cubed)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract and drained pineapple – mix well
- Add bread, stir well by hand
- Put mixture in greased 8×8 pan
- Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered
* recipe in pictures above was double from this recipe… original recipe did not call for vanilla but I love it and it gave it just that extra little punch…